Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7s2p Vs 14s1p battery pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeok

hello
I'm trying to assemble a DIY lithium ion battery pack for an electric bike with a DC motor of 24 250w that can be used at 36v 350v as well.
For now I'll be only using it at 24v 250 as it is the legal limit, so a 7s2p 24v 7Ah pack would be enough. But say if instead of that I make a pack of 14 single cells in series, 48v 3.5Ah, would there be any difference if I don't use more than 24v with either battery?
Thanks

...would there be any difference if I don't use more than 24v with either battery?
Thanks

how will you limit the 48v of the battery to 24v? Either I am confused or you are.

how will you limit the 48v of the battery to 24v? Either I am confused or you are.
Sorry let me explain better.
With 14 18650 lithium ion cells i can make either a 7s2p pack or a 14s1p (meaning just connect them all in series). I would then connect that to a motor controller that can take up to 60v 20A. With either case, 14s or 7s2p, i would use PWM to feed maximum 24v to the motor.
I thought that i could use the 14s configuration to eventually reach 36v, if i ever need, which i cannot do with the 7s2p setup. So the question is there would be any difference by using the 14 cells in series at 50% duty ratio(24v) rather than the 7s2p pack at 100% duty ratio (also 24)?

No difference except you will have more trouble balancing the charge on the 48 v stack from battery life point of view.

Also, a 48v at 50% duty cycle is an average of 24v over time - it is ACTUALLY 48v 49-50% of the time and 0V for 49 to 50% of the time. Somewhere in between for 0-2% of the time (hear losses from switching).

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back