Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74190 chip question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpd

Hello. I have to do a proyect for the university. I need to make a counter that goes like this. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2... I alredy mounted the circuit but I don't now how to make it count back when it reaches 9. I did it with an interruptor but the idea is that it work automatically. Anyone knows how to do it?

Anyone knows how to do it?

My first thought is to build some logic which can detect when the counter output is "9", the logic will then set the up/down input of the 74190 to DOWN.
Also, have some logic which detects when the counter output is "0", that logic will then set the up/down input of the 74190 to UP.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back