Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 Segment Display Counter PLease help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Gadget

Hello guys i'm new to this site and am kind of a newbie at electronics.

I need to know how to wire up the following:
The 7 segment display and i have the 74247 decoder (i think that's the right one)

if you could please tell me how to actually wire them together so that i could see numbers (1, 2, 3, 4...) when i click on a push down switch.

Thank you

I don't want to insult anyone, but if you don't have an inteligent response please don't send me one.

It's not an assignment, and i already figured out how to wire it up.

Mad,

Leave the pins 3, 4 and 5 opened (I think). You can try opened or ground these pins.
Why don't you use the 4033 instead of 74247? The 4033 receives the clock and generates the 7-segments outputs.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back