Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-Segment Clock Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacterozoid

I'm looking for a retailer for a 7-segment clock display with at least AM/PM LEDs available as well.

Here's basically what I need:

HDSP-B04E

Now imagine there are two dots to the left to display either AM or PM. The only parts I can find that do this are impossible to get anywhere. I'm interested in non-obsolete parts as they need to be available in the future.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

I guess I'm just stuck in my ways. :)

Good point.

In any case, I'm still stuck on finding a part. Even just one like the one I posted with one additional light somewhere would be nice.

Alright, maybe I can ask this.

I'm looking at a LDQ-M282RI. It's got decimal points and two center leds for a colon like a regular clock has. Problem is, the datasheet gives no indication as to how the colon LEDs are connected or controlled. Does anyone know how this might work?

I'm looking at a LDQ-M282RI. It's got decimal points and two center leds for a colon like a regular clock has. Problem is, the datasheet gives no indication as to how the colon LEDs are connected or controlled. Does anyone know how this might work?
I could not find the column pins for this display
total 12PIns-- 8 for segments +dp, and 4 for digit drives.

It's weird because the part on digikey has a picture and they are definitely there. I might think they are always on but there's no common anode for it either.

hi,
The colons are treated like any other segment, a separate pin for decimal and one for the colons.

Look here:
7 Segment LED - Four 0.36 Inch (9.14mm) Digit

EDITED:
SMC ELECTRONICS - Displays

BTW:
I have a number of 7 segment LED's, you can see the outline of other symbols, eg: colons and + signs but they are not connected.
It appears they use a common mask in production to cover all their types.

Attachments

• DP25.PDF
    434.6 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
It's weird because the part on digikey has a picture and they are definitely there. I might think they are always on but there's no common anode for it either.

Please see the attached part extracted from the datasheet of the display indicated by you. Now we have to expect that either there are 4 DPs one for each character or imagine that there are 2 DPs for first and last digits and two at the centre to emulate Colon.

Attachments

• display.PNG
    display.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back