Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6v flashlight charger- ? will it work for 6v deep cycle batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamunknown

i just got an Allen 6v battery charger designed for flashlight batteries...
was wondering since its 6v, with the some rewiring, would it work to recharge a 6v deep cycle or SLA battery?

if not, is there a way to run an car inverter from flashlight batteries? some sort of DIY kit out there? would it be possible or enough to power a laptop and a few small items from 2 flashlight batteries?

thanks so much i really need your advice!

What type of batteries does the flashlight use? If it's NiMH or NiCAD it's probably not going to work for charging a SLA. I would recommend buying a proper LA battery charger, they're expensive if they come with a lot of features but more than worth the money.

Measure it. If the charger supplies 7.0 Volts unloaded and loaded with a resistor under its current limit, could be used for your lead-acid battery.

Measure it. If the charger supplies 7.0 Volts unloaded and loaded with a resistor under its current limit, could be used for your lead-acid battery.
7 vdc while delivering reasonable current (4A for a 60 A-h battery) would work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back