Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+5VDC to +3.5VDC - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaaf

Howdy, i am brand new here. I know very very very very little about electronics. I'm tryibng to figure out how to make a regulator or transformer or whatever you call it that will take a +5VDC input current and stap it down to a solid +3.5VDC output current. can i use a resistor or something, or do i need to build an elaborate circuit? please help me! i will need a schematic drawn for it, if you tell me to "use a in34a diode soldered to a 3v resistor" i won't know what you mean! i know very little!

Well you don't have to explain, my eyes still hurt from reading your post. :wink:
Step down converter can be something simple or complex depending on
requirements. This means that we need more info on what are you trying
to power with 3.5V and how much current you need. If all you want is
just to get replacement for pair of AA batteries, just put two 1N4001 diodes
in series. You will get pretty close to what you need. If the load is
always same (!) you could put resistor in series with load but this
is probably not adequate for most applications. You could use proper
voltage regulator (there are plenty of 3-pin regulators that would do
job, just check the web for LM317T datasheet...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back