Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5M pot alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffyboii

1660854751823.png

I don't quite understand why 5M pot is needed in this circuit. Only ones I can find are 1M maximum so is there a way to substitute for the lack of 5M pots.

Its to control the envelope time of the output. Try 1M pots and
C3 at 5 uF.

Regards, Dana.
I see so I just need to bump up the capacitor value. Would an electrolytic one work. Should I use a pot with lower value like 500k and just use a bigger cap or something like that. Is it just time constant 1/(RC)^1/2

My error the R x C product should stay constant, so C3 should now be
10 uF, if pot 1M. electrolytic is fine, but keep in mind they have very poor tolerance,
so you may have to play with part selection till you get the right ranges
for the parameters you are adjusting.

Regards, Dana.

My error the R x C product should stay constant, so C3 should now be
10 uF, if pot 1M. electrolytic is fine, but keep in mind they have very poor tolerance,
so you may have to play with part selection till you get the right ranges
for the parameters you are adjusting.

Regards, Dana.
I understand. I do have a component tester thingy that will tell me pretty accurate capacitance. I think I will hand pick a good 10uF cap from my selection with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back