Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5A, 12V Relay Interface Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningTears

Hello,

I am new to electronics. Does anyone suggest me a Circuit to interface 5Ampere 12Volt Relay to a Parallel port.

Also, there is written " 400 Ohm " on the relay coil. Is it the internal resistance of the coil ??

Well don't worry about parallel port and Programing, I can handel that. Thanks.

ShiningTears said:
Also, there is written " 400 Ohm " on the relay coil. Is it the internal resistance of the coil ??

Yes, it is.

I'm lazy and stole the image from Tony Van Roon website. In the circuit, do not leave out D3 as it is important to use it.

Attachments

• relay_drive.gif
    relay_drive.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 531
I Have tried the Circuit you have provided and it worked.
But Will u plz tell me about this circuit, i have found this on a website which says that this one is Safer for parallel port? Does this circuit can handle 12V, 5A relay ?
Well for me i don't know.

Attachments

• Relay.JPG
    Relay.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back