Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 toggle help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The voltages shown were in the original design. From the original designer of the circuit: the relay's coil voltage rating is 1/2 the supply voltage. Each of the two resistors are equal to the coil's resistance. I've used 5VDC relays with a 12VDC supply and it worked fine. The value of the cap was just selected by experiment.

Mostly, I just think it's an clever circuit.:)

Ken

Last edited:
The voltages shown were in the original design. From the original designer of the circuit: the relay's coil voltage rating is 1/2 the supply voltage. Each of the two resistors are equal to the coil's resistance. I've used 5VDC relays with a 12VDC supply and it worked fine. The value of the cap was just selected by experiment.

Mostly, I just think it's an clever circuit.:)

Ken

Hi Ken,

I didn't object in any way, just suggested to use those values for 12V supply voltage and a 12V relay.

Besides that the resistors' values are slightly higher than the coil resistance in the original schematic. (330/300Ω)

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back