Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Debouncer HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Boss

I already build this project and its working. The relay is working for around 30 seconds.
But if I keep the button close for around 40 sec when I release the button the relay does not work.

**broken link removed**

How do I make this circuit so I can keep the button close for a very long time and when the button is released then the cut off time begin to work.

THX

I will explain again what I need:

In my project there is a wire that is going to supply a continuous Neg- to keep the pin #2(555)triguer..... This will keep the out pin#3 HI. The Neg- will be continuous for as long as 4 or more minutes..... Then when this Neg- disapear from pin #2 ........... I want that the out pin #3 remain HI for around 30 seg more then goes to 0

Can you help me?

THX

To get 30 seconds, you need to change the timing resistor (pins 6 & 7 to +V) to about 300k. To make the circuit do what you want, connect the cathode of a 1N4148 diode to pin 2. Connect a 100 ohm resistor from the anode of this diode to pins 6 and 7. This will prevent the 100uF capacitor from starting to charge until you release the pushbutton. It worked on the Spice simulation I ran. The 100 ohm resistor is necessary to limit the discharge current through the diode if you happen to push the button again while the 100uF cap is charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back