Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50KHz Power bus is OK..?...Yes 50 KiloHertz

Status
Not open for further replies.
as you know, theres never a single winding, thers always a current loop when a current flows, and thats the turn you require.
Have you ever seen a transformer that uses a single conductor going straight through? No winding?
yes, a current transformer in eg a half bridge smps.

about voltage references but seem to disregard any member advice
actually i was very grateful for the advice and implemented the filter as was suggested here.

Do you have a iSotera coupler or supply.

no but i saw it at the light show in earls court , london. Theres no tricks, its just plain brilliant...why dont you see it in the shops?....well because most of the lighting fraternity still want 100W incandessant bulbs and 50Hz flourescent ballasts.

But soon we will all be sat under isotera's glowing couplers and led bulbs....and that now my friend, is over to you to proove otherwise.

So you're basing all this on something you saw at Earl Court in London. Were you allowed to examine it? The more I research iSotech the more I'm convinced it's an elaborate scam. I've emailed them and one of the investors, lets see what they say (if anything).

Wow. I saw David Copperfield make an airplane disappear.

But soon we will all be sat under isotera's glowing couplers and led bulbs....and that now my friend, is over to you to proove otherwise.

I don't have to prove anything, the burden of proof is with iSotera and I've seen squat. As for your technical prowess well what can I say.

Well I'll be monkeys uncle. I've never seen that or heard of that. Flyback, iSotera and anyone else my apologies, turns out I was wrong. And Flyback I suggest you read that PDF thoroughly, it pretty much details the coupling. I couldn't figure out the efficiency but the current is there. They do seem to favor higher frequencies such as 250kHz.

C1--I'm not positive how to calculate power factor, but this is what I did:

Irms * Vrms of power source = apparent power

Iavg * Vavg = real power

Real power / apparent power = power factor.

Using this the one with the cap is worse, but an FFT shows lower noise. Maybe it's for radiated noise?

Is my pf calculation right?:confused:

Iavg * Vavg = real power
this ones out.
Power factor = cos(phi) . xxxx

xxx is the one thats to do with harmonics, i forget the name of it now...distortion factor.....something like (power in fundamental / power in total wave including harmonics)

Thanks KISS. It looks the same as the one I used.
I think the cosine only works on a sine wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back