Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$500 network cable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smanches

Talk about praying on the ignorant.

This is my favorite line...

"Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer."

EDIT: Maybe I should post the link... Need coffeee....

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You mean to tell me that speaker wire would work just as well? The nerve of those cable makers!!!

Don't forget, electrons are not intelligent, they need to be told where to go...:)

Cheeky little fellows aren't they?

Here's the link. Forgot to put it in the original post.

**broken link removed**

$500.00 cable

Surely, there's not an idiot out there so gullible he would pay $500.00 for a 1.5 Meter cable for his stereo system. :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Here's the link. Forgot to put it in the original post.

**broken link removed**

Seventy five hundred for a receiver here, five hundred for a cable there... pretty soon we're talking real money.

Talk about praying on the ignorant.
It's not really preying on the ignorant. It's offered for those who "believe" they have bought and now own the very best; items that are one-offs and out of financial reach to common folk. Esoteric is just for that reason alone, whether $500 network cables, a $5000 Class A valve amp, or a $1.3 million Ferarri. In most cases the buyer does get a truly high quality product, but I'm sure there's at least a 1000% or more mark up in price to keep it far above the top shelf ... like maybe on Cloud #9?

In an era when politicians aspired to be Statesmen.

Aside: Do you occasionally submit to the KNS forum?
I'm not familiar with the KNS forum. Should I be? Can you provide a link?

Its a local newspaper forum. A respondant using "Papabravo" sometimes comments. I just wondered.....
Don't think it's me. Tennessee is about 600 mi from SE Michigan

From the link Mike posted to reviews:
I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure. Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back