Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50 Hz oscillator based on a LM324N IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iods

hello everyone

I want to build a 50 Hz oscillator circuit using the LM324N IC,

any body have a schematics to how and what components I'm gonna need ?

thanks

This is a web page with information on designing sine wave oscillators using Op Amps. The theory should work with most Op Amps.**broken link removed** gives information on square wave oscillators.

Les.

This is a web page with information on designing sine wave oscillators using Op Amps. The theory should work with most Op Amps.**broken link removed** gives information on square wave oscillators.

Les.
thanks Les Jones , I have one more question ,

can I supply the LM324N directly from a 12V car battery ? or do I have to limit the current using a resistor ?

second question , can I use a potentiometer to alter the frequency ?

thanks

If using a 12V car battery, make sure to include a fuse.
What are you intending to drive with the oscillator? An LM324 can only source/sink a few mA.

You can drive LM324 from 12V....you wont need a resistor in the supply line to it. Though you should make sure you limit the output of the LM324 to say under 20mA...but that shouldnt happen anyway.
If you want a sine wave oscillator, you can just set lm324 up as a square wave oscillator, then add rc filters sandwiched in between lm324 buffers after it to get a sine wave.

lm324
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm2902-n.pdf

aha I see so with a simple RC filter i can convert the square wave into a sine wave , that's cool thanks a lot Flyback

If using a 12V car battery, make sure to include a fuse.
What are you intending to drive with the oscillator? An LM324 can only source/sink a few mA.
I'm intending to drive two MOSFETs , could be more depending on the wattage I want on the output

the end result would be a simple 200w or more , power inverter

Driving the MOSFETs with 50Hz would result in severe heating. The normal way is to use high frequency (e.g >100kHz) PWM to drive them, with the PWM duty-cycle varied at 50Hz.

Driving the MOSFETs with 50Hz would result in severe heating. The normal way is to use high frequency (e.g >100kHz) PWM to drive them, with the PWM duty-cycle varied at 50Hz.
but that would give a 100kHz at the 220v side no ?

Also, you want pulses to drive the gates of the FETs with very fast rise and fall times; not sine waves...

having a 50hz sine wave is a good idea because you can feed it into a pwm comparator, and let it modulate the pwm duty cycle of a pwm output, then this will switch current into the inverter inductor, and give you your 50hz power wave.....ill try and dig out a sim in ltspice out for you to show what i mean...back soon.....got to go to shop now though b4 they close up.

having a 50hz sine wave is a good idea because you can feed it into a pwm comparator, and let it modulate the pwm duty cycle of a pwm output, then this will switch current into the inverter inductor, and give you your 50hz power wave.....ill try and dig out a sim in ltspice out for you to show what i mean...back soon.....got to go to shop now though b4 they close up.
aright pal I really appreciate it

I'll wait out for you , when you back explain that to me

here is the sinusoidal pwm sim in an inverter (LTspice)

Attachments

• GTI _Open Loop_2.asc
    15.2 KB · Views: 331
Still not clear what you are trying to do. Sine wave? Square? Triangle? Saw? Pulse?
What is the intended outut of the LM324 circuit, and what is the intended output of the overall project?

ak

Still not clear what you are trying to do. Sine wave? Square? Triangle? Saw? Pulse?
What is the intended outut of the LM324 circuit, and what is the intended output of the overall project?

ak
A square wave would do just fine and the output voltage of the LM324 doesn't really matter because the MOSFETs are voltage based and can be driven by a very low voltage.

for the overall output of the project is inverting a 12v DC into 220v AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back