Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 IRF4905 P FETs in parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built the attached voltage doubler and it worked beautifully, I didn't have the 28 ohm resistors in originally and the FETs were getting hot, I had gate to source resistors in, but after looking at it, I realized that the two gate to source resistors just held the gates at half the applied voltage, so I put a small resistor in the source lead and that cured the heat problem. I started of with a 2N7000G and the IRDF9024 and those were what was getting hot. My oscillator frequency is 3kHz. After I got it built, I hooked an IRF2805 drain to the +14.4 volt rail and 4 amps worth of load to the source with a 20K resistor gate to source and applied the derived voltage to the gate and it worked great. Vds was in the milivolt range at 4 amps. I also tried 14.4 to gate and had a Vds of about and things were getting hot fast. No heat at all using the derived voltage.
Thanks for the help and suggestions:D
Kinarfi

Attachments

• VOLTAGE DOUBLER..PNG
    VOLTAGE DOUBLER..PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back