Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 mosfets in parallel on Induction heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are $2.68 each from Arrow.com with FREE overnight shipping. There's an additional 12% discount for first time customers.

Free next day shipping applies to all orders from Arrow, no matter how small. I'm not sure how they manage to do this. Arrow is offering a big challenge to Digikey.

View attachment 116906

This must be a picture I click BUY and nothing happens. I need to find this place.

18 week delivery. They won't arrive until July. 4 weeks from China is faster & cheaper.
Then you've misread the site's information on 5he part. They HAVE parts in inventory for immediate shipment. If you need more than their inventory, then you need to wait 18-weeks.

A3CEFD27-7249-4459-915E-7756E8EF666A.jpeg

This must be a picture I click BUY and nothing happens. I need to find this place.

Yes, of course that's a picture.

Their website is Arrow.com. If you search on the part number, you'll end up on this page as shown in the picture I posted. They have 2,891 in stock as of this moment. If you order early Monday, you will pay a total of $2.68 each plus sales tax to have them on Tuesday. DO NOT change from the default shipping option, which is next day FedEx, or you will have to pay additional fees.

20190302_090749.jpg

Better, go to Arrow.com and search on the part number to select the package you want. The link I posted above goes to the SOIC package e en though I was looking at the DIP.

Looks like the IRS2453 circuit above does not operate at resonance frequency, it operates at a preset frequency but no information what KHz that is or how to set it?

Circuit above shows no RC circuit, no capacitors in parallel with the load coil. Everything I read says the capacitors are important it gives the work coil power to do its job. I was reading where someone built this circuit it says to add capacitors or circuit does not work.

These circuits are frustrating. I don't like building circuits that don't work. If I build this with parts laying all over the work bench its not hard to make changes, but if I build a nice circuit it is not easy to make changes.

These circuits are frustrating. I don't like building circuits that don't work. If I build this with parts laying all over the work bench its not hard to make changes, but if I build a nice circuit it is not easy to make changes.

But yet you continue to resist doing what people tell you. Maxheadroom has given you many, many times a link to a induction circuit that does work and you have never even tried to make it.

But yet you continue to resist doing what people tell you. Maxheadroom has given you many, many times a link to a induction circuit that does work and you have never even tried to make it.

I can not build it if I don't have all the parts. At the moment water cooled heat sinks are the biggest problem. Know knowing how many BTUs of heat is needed how much cooling will it need. I am looking at cooling radiators 2" thick, 6" wide, 8" long, 3/8" copper tubing. I need a closed circuit water pump, Little Giant pumps are small but not small enough for this the pump needs 3/8" tubing fittings. I don't have, pump, radiator, heat sinks yet. I'm not finding any water cooled heat sinks for FOUR 1GBTs. This will all need to be built into a case with the power supply. It seems stupid to build this to run on anything less that 240vac from a workshop welding plug for 60 amps.

Looks like the IRS2453 circuit above does not operate at resonance frequency, it operates at a preset frequency but no information what KHz that is or how to set it?

Circuit above shows no RC circuit, no capacitors in parallel with the load coil. Everything I read says the capacitors are important it gives the work coil power to do its job. I was reading where someone built this circuit it says to add capacitors or circuit does not work.

The datasheet for the IRS2453 shows it as a self oscillating driver. There is a graph giving the fixed frequency based on the chosen Rt and Ct .

The datasheet for the IRS2453 shows it as a self oscillating driver. There is a graph giving the fixed frequency based on the chosen Rt and Ct .

OK I see that now. Rt = 1K and Ct = 470pf = about 70KHz Online industrial heat treating information says, 65KHz is very good for deep heating, 200KHz is better for skin effect heating. I ordered two IRS2453 today. Now I need 14 pin sockets if I smoke 1 it will be easy to replace.

What is good way to keep RF out of DC power supply?

Last edited:
they always charge ($20.00 +1 left ball) for each damn item! they're killin me on that shippin! JFS

Buy on Ebay find a seller in the USA that has reasonable prices you receive the parts is 3 days. I order from Colorado & Texas seller.

If you can wait 2 to 3 weeks order from China , Hong Kong. etc. The parts that come from China are made for American companies they are good parts often 10 to 40 parts for $1 or $2 free postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back