Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3:1 25V Analog Mux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Hi. Does anyone know of a 3:1 (preferably, 4:1 would also do) analog mux with parallel control that can withstand 25V (or more?) THis is a mux that switches the Back EMF detection circuitry in my motor driver between different phases. If it can withstand 25V, then I only need one set voltage clamps and one set of resistive dividers on the output of the mux to protect the BEMF circuitry. Otherwise I need to use a 3:1 pair mux and have voltage clamps on 3 of the inputs and resistive dividers on the remaining 3 inputs due to the different ways that the signals are processed.

THe cloest I've been able to find are 12V muxes from Analog Devices. I don't know if they exist or not.

EDIT: THe cloest thing I've been able to find now is the DG409. Comes as a 4:1 pair rather than 4:1, but the important thing is that it only requires 2 parallel control pins (and not the 3 which I cannot spare)
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/12/fn3283.pdf

It has a strange little overvoltage protection scheme on page 8 that I've never seen before. I would normally just clamp the input using diodes, not float the +/- supply with diodes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back