Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2V to 8V amp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bavananth

I have a 2Vp-p Sinusoid signal. I need a 8V p-p Sinusoidal to give it to a coil. I have 12V DC power supply. . I think the normal small signal amplifier analysis is no longer usable in this situation. Transformers are omitted due to the current requirements. What shall I do? FETs have some special feaures in this than BJTs? Any large signal analysis stuffs? There might be a simple solution but I cant find this at this moment. Help pls.

Need to know the frequency, load value, current, power... Is this coil a transformer since you mention both?

Frequency: 300kHz
Current required is 0.1 Amp
Input Current 0.1 Amp
I/P signal Vp-p :2V
Expected signal O/P: 8v
Power requirement: Not a big issue.

What about 1:4 transformer and adding a DC shift of 4V, then give it through an opamp with a gain of 1? Will it work?

You need an amplifier, a transformer is no good because the output power level is greater than the input power level.

You need an amplfier, an audio design might work but you need to choose the components more carefully due to the higher frequency - MOSFETs are a must, BJTs won't do. It also needs to be a bridged design as you can't get 8Vp-p from a single sided push-pull amplifier.

Hero999 said:
It also needs to be a bridged design as you can't get 8Vp-p from a single sided push-pull amplifier.
:confused: He said he has a 12V supply.
Bavananth, are your voltages peak, peak-to-peak, or RMS?

I thought they were peak to peak.

I mentioned that 12vDC power supply because that is the value you can use as Vcc for amps or any ccts. But Why do you say that "1:4 transformer and adding a DC shift of 4V, then give it through an opamp with a gain of 1" wont work? I'll get a 8Vp-p Sine wave from transformer and amplify the current using opamps?
But I'm not sure. I have to test.

you will get 8v p-p in that way but if u are looking for a power increase(as suggested by hero999) you need to used a transistor in some configuration.try an advanced version of the class ab amplifier(complicated).but power will be wasted.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back