Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24Volt Fluorescents

Status
Not open for further replies.

torblednamris

Howdy,

Stumbled across several 10" Fluorescent Light units from a bus. They are geared for 24volts, and I was wondering what the best way is to run them off a standard 12volt auto system?

Would some form of voltage doubler be adequate? Or is there a way to modify the existing internal circuitry? Basically, whats the cheapest, easiest way to get 24 volts from 12?

Thanks for any help.

First try out with 12V, maybe work. I have also 24V circuit for my minibus number-light from Coke automat and work fine since five years.
Off course possibly to build a voltage doubler.

Flickerty Flick

Thanks for the reply, I tried with 12 volts just to see how they went....they flicker, flicker, flicker, then flicker some more. Obviously not emough "oomph" (my technical term!) to get them started, will have to try a voltage doubler I suppose....Any suggestions regarding the simplest method?

Use LM2577 step-up converter from National.You can get a free sample depending from country, try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back