Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24VDC Wheelchair Motor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I went ahead and tried to take off the entire silver part (brake), and again as cowana said, that was the brake, as now I can hook only the motor connections, and the wheel rotates fine.

Since I'll be using this for a RC lawn mower, I don't think I'd need the brake part anyway, I'd just simply disable the power to the wheel, but if you're using this for a replacement for another wheelchair, I don't recommend doing what I just did.

Feel free to look at the photos I attached. I'll also be waiting for it to cool down again (even though it wasn't really hot at all) to do another long drawn out test to see how well it does, and if it gets hot or if anything unusual happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 483
  • IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    940.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    718.2 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Great - glad you got it sorted.

And the 6.7W sticker shows the brake was taking 0.28A at 24v.

Keep us updated with your lawnmower progress!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back