24v Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

billa14

Hi
I live in Tasmania Australia and this my first time here so if I stuff up please tell me.

I am not electronically minded but no doubt with simple instruction should be able to learn.

What I am looking for or want to do is

I have a hydroponic system for my vegies etc and want something like a 8 or 9 station Controller to run small 24 volt 5 to 8 amp pumps instead of solenoids but at the same time start from 240volt for the main power source.

The controller would be great because I could run the pumps seperately and a number of times a day and varying running times.

Is there some way of doing it if so can you please help

Cheers

Last edited:
There are Many ways to do this, but the simplest I think is:

A very low RPM motor (or speed reduced to low) drives a set of cams that actuate microswitches. The motor and roller arm microswitches should be available from surplus.

You might want to consider a watering timer

LIkE THIS ONE.

They're made in China, so should be available just about everywhere.

Basically, it'll allow you to time/day(s) of week/duration control 4 items (pumps, relays, etc).

Available, for instance, from HERE for about $30USD.

It isn't that big a stretch to make the unit's outputs be adapted to your needs, as I understand them.

BTW, I have a similar one (Model 27757, "D" cell powered, utterly water-proof)) that I've used in my garden for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…