Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

230v 50Hz to 110v 60Hz Frequency Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archeological thread....

Thank goodness that nowadays chargers for portable electronics are completely universal. They will work from Japan's 100VAC supply to Australia's 240VAC supply, 50 to 60 Hz.

Yeah but I believe the recent post were in reference to post #15 which was today.

Ron

Archeological thread....

Thank goodness that nowadays chargers for portable electronics are completely universal. They will work from Japan's 100VAC supply to Australia's 240VAC supply, 50 to 60 Hz.

Hi,

Yes good point about the universalness of the supply needed. They started to realize that it might be sold anywhere in the world, finally.
It takes so many years to iron some of these issues out.

Surely a forum is dead when you have to dig up the mummified remains of posts lol. Oddly one forum i belong too has a really strict policy, you have to search for a past thread if your question has been asked before. You get a strange situation where some threads are Mr Deb long and started back in 2002.

But fascinating reading stuff from 10 years ago that couldnt be done cheaply or practically, and is now done really easily. Somehow spammers have changed and they are targeting old posts, but as i said its interesting to see developments.

Hi,

To me it is not so much about the oldness or newness of a topic it's about the information stream. If there is an addition, that's cool with me no matter how long it took to come out.
Imagine if the forum itself was wayyyy old and Maxwell used to post here :)

Hi,

To me it is not so much about the oldness or newness of a topic it's about the information stream. If there is an addition, that's cool with me no matter how long it took to come out.
Maxwell was banned for outrageous views and speculation :D, guess we owe him an apology :D. Way before my time, but i think Jim used to pm him once in a while :p

200w.gif
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D this thread has been exhumed 3 times.....

Last edited:
If I'm searching for an answer, I always figure forum threads with many posts are a useless place to look. Maybe there's some useful info in the thread, but by the time you dig it out, it's a waste of time. As LGM said, see any MrDEB post as an example of this.

They stay buried because we drive a stake through them!! Guess how any tries at stake i had :D

Hi,

I agree. I refer to my old college textbooks all the time. Everything in them is still valid, and theory hasn't changed much. Technology has pretty much only made implementation easier and more convenient. I see nothing wrong with searching through old threads OR commenting on them. Otherwise, why would there even be a search function?

Reading necro-threads is a little bit like reading old newspapers (remember them?).

One can appreciate the things that were relevant back then , and see how things have evolved, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back