21pt136b/15 Philips CRT needs adjustment on the picture, it needs to go a bit to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eru777

I have an old philips CRT that I use for gaming, and once I connect RGB scart to it, the image is ever so slightly more on the left, than on the right. I was told I need to enter the service menu to fix that. The TV doesn't have a service menu option as it is turned on. How do I enter it?

You should be aware that using RGB SCART commonly shifts the picture sideways, because it uses the composite video as sync, rather than a pure sync signal - so passing the composite passing through the delay line makes the picture shift.

Unfortunately, while I managed to find a couple of service manuals on-line, neither had any setup details, only circuits

Yes, I have been told this happens with rgb scart, honestly it's not that big a deal, I'd just like to correct it , if possible haha
EDIT: I just realised there exist 'RGB shifters' that allow you to do it manually. You learn something new every day.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been told this happens with rgb scart, honestly it's not that big a deal, I'd just like to correct it , if possible haha
EDIT: I just realised there exist 'RGB shifters' that allow you to do it manually. You learn something new every day.
Historically there was a line shift control inside TV's, and you could alter it with that - but of course it then messed up normal TV. As you suspect, on this 'later' set it could be on a service menu - but how to access it is a different matter. As I'm no longer in the TV trade, I don't have access to paper manuals any more - and while we didn't sell many Philips sets, we did receive manuals from them.

Just checked my old Philips CM8833 monitor (not used it for 20+ years), as I suspected, it has a line shift control on the front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…