Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

21pt136b/15 Philips CRT needs adjustment on the picture, it needs to go a bit to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eru777

I have an old philips CRT that I use for gaming, and once I connect RGB scart to it, the image is ever so slightly more on the left, than on the right. I was told I need to enter the service menu to fix that. The TV doesn't have a service menu option as it is turned on. How do I enter it?

You should be aware that using RGB SCART commonly shifts the picture sideways, because it uses the composite video as sync, rather than a pure sync signal - so passing the composite passing through the delay line makes the picture shift.

Unfortunately, while I managed to find a couple of service manuals on-line, neither had any setup details, only circuits :(

Yes, I have been told this happens with rgb scart, honestly it's not that big a deal, I'd just like to correct it , if possible haha
EDIT: I just realised there exist 'RGB shifters' that allow you to do it manually. You learn something new every day.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been told this happens with rgb scart, honestly it's not that big a deal, I'd just like to correct it , if possible haha
EDIT: I just realised there exist 'RGB shifters' that allow you to do it manually. You learn something new every day.
Historically there was a line shift control inside TV's, and you could alter it with that - but of course it then messed up normal TV. As you suspect, on this 'later' set it could be on a service menu - but how to access it is a different matter. As I'm no longer in the TV trade, I don't have access to paper manuals any more - and while we didn't sell many Philips sets, we did receive manuals from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back