Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20V, 200Hz, sinewave AC output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah Inguito

Hi guys. I'm not really good at designing a circuit but I desperately need a design that can output 20VAC and 200Hz sinewave signal to be used for another laboratory work. Could you please recommend me schematics since I do have a background in reading and making circuit boards. thank you so much. Hope that someone could help me.

Welcome to ETO!
How much current must the oscillator provide to a load?
What % harmonic distortion, realistically, can you tolerate?

I would suggest using a signal generator to make the 200Hz, and an audio power amplifier to boost it to 20 Volts.

Load current, and output voltage swing, (and other questions from alec_t) will need to be taken into consideration when choosing of the power capacity of the amplifier.

What is your budget? Can you afford to buy a solution?

If you want a relatively pure sine wave and depending on required current I would think about, as mentioned, buying a solution. I see HP 200 series signal sources on Ebay for $40 in working order. That or a small low level signal generator and as mentioned an audio amplifier. I think a HP 200 CD will run 20 volts RMS into an open circuit and about 10 volts RMS into a 600 ohm load.

Ron

Could use the audio output of your computer. You can make or find 200hz audio file.
Next you need a audio amp.

I like the idea of an audio amp, because it will be able to drive very low impedance loads.
8Ω for sure, some may go as low as 2Ω.

Welcome to eto.
You might be able to rig something using an audio amp and a 0-20 0-20 transformer if you need isolation.

Hi guys. I'm not really good at designing a circuit but I desperately need a design that can output 20VAC and 200Hz sinewave signal to be used for another laboratory work. Could you please recommend me schematics since I do have a background in reading and making circuit boards. thank you so much. Hope that someone could help me.

Hi Jonah,

Welcome to the ETO. Care to put Philippines, next to 'Location' on your user page so that it displays in the box at the left of your posts.:)

You haven't told us what you would like to drive with the signal generator, so I have made a couple of assumption and have knocked up a circuit.

The thing is, we do not know what components you can access, so here is a list of components that would be required:

(1) 70V DC at 500mA power supply (buy or make)
(2) Transistor NPN power: TIP 35, 2N3055, TIP3055, etc
(3) Heatsink for power transistor
(4) 15W 10 Ohm resistor
(5) 50 Ohm 20W resistor
(6) Voltage regulator, high voltage: TL873
(7) Dual operational amplifier; LM358
(8) Junction field effect transistor (JFET): 2N3819 etc
(9) Capacitors; various
(10) Resistors: various, 0.25 Watt or higher, 5% or better, metal film, or metal oxide
(11) Case
(12) BNC chassis mount socket
(13) prototype printed circuit board (PCB)

Let me know what you think

spec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back