Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 wires Live to earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
Must be getting old or going to sleep while working.

Wired up a Makita hand saw -blue and brown - blue to neutral of plug and brown to earth pin. Nothing on active . Don't understand how I would do that but I don't seem to be able to blame anyone else.

It has been in use for about 5 years and after finally wiring in a new shed with a RCD -residual current device- it just kicked a bit and then tripped the RCD. Oh must be the trigger or the brushes -nah found the plug wiring eventually and still dont really believe it.

Must be getting old or going to sleep while working.

Wired up a Makita hand saw -blue and brown - blue to neutral of plug and brown to earth pin. Nothing on active . Don't understand how I would do that but I don't seem to be able to blame anyone else.

It has been in use for about 5 years and after finally wiring in a new shed with a RCD -residual current device- it just kicked a bit and then tripped the RCD. Oh must be the trigger or the brushes -nah found the plug wiring eventually and still dont really believe it.

hi,
I would say that the old shed wiring was crossed over, ie: Line and Neutral reversed, the handsaw would work because its between the old Neutral [ which was really Line] and Earth.

Wired this way the saw would work.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back