Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 stroke rev counter/temp gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinparr

could any one help with a project i am doing .I own a quad bike and i need to make a rev counter for it using leds,i also need help with a temperature gauge,i would be very grateful for any help
thankyou

There have been many discussions of both temperature and tachometer systems in these boards. The current tachometer discussion is here. You can search for a temperature discussion. You will probably need an automotive type temperature sender though rather than the types normally discussed on the board.

Some questions: What kind of LED display are you considering? 7-segment? How about a bar graph display showing 1000 to 10,000 RPM in steps of 1000? Why do you need a tach? Isn't the exhaust feedback enough?

For temperature, consider the LM135/LM235/LM335 which output 10 mV per degree kelvin. All you need is a bias to convert to degrees C and a voltmeter for readout. Or, you could use the LM34 which outputs 10 mV per degree F.

I Asume u mean a rpm tach for a 2 stroke engine? Well This Could Save You Some Trouble You Can Buy A Very Nice Panel Mount Tach With Digital Read Out For 2- Stroke Engines For Less Than $35 I Seen Them In Small Engine Part Catolog's And Even At The Local Sear's Store :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back