Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 motion sensors only 1 light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnow

Pls advise on how to wire 2 seperate (120VAC) motion detectors to turn on one light. Essentially I want a "close" and "far" detection zone for a single light. Whenever I think about this task it seems that I would be back-feeding one of the motion detectors each time the other was activated. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Minnow

Depending on the sensors, you might just be able to wire them together. I use sensors made for outdoor lighting, and they have integral output relays. If that's what you are using, you probably can get away with doing this. Remove the plastic housing and see if there are relays on the boards. Otherwise, you can isolate the two sensors with a pair of relays of your own, and wire the outputs together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back