Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.4 GHz Wireless video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Hi Guys,

I build and fly gas powered Radio Controlled aerobatic airplanes as a hobby. I decided to assemble a camera system (color with audio) so I can broadcast live video from the airplane. However, on my first attempt with the system airborne, I suffered range problems and a video with intermittent scramble like flash. I have since added a 1 watt amplifier and now range seems to be fine, but I am still experiencing the flashing while testing on my 1/8 scale gas powered monster truck. I am using two 1/4 wave ducky antennas for transmitting and receiving. I looked at the recordings and think it may be an antenna issue since the antennas may be polarized and more over, if they are not
“seeing" each other, the flashing occurs since they are supposed to be line of sight oriented. I then tried two panel type antennas and still had the same problem with flashing.

Please express ideas. I am also picking up interference from the nitro powered engines, which uses no ignition. This engine uses the glow effect for combustion. Ideas on combating this will also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Striker.

I have noticed that physical shocks(even rather small ones) can cause flickering in small cameras.Could this be your problem?What leads you to believe the other interference is caused by the engine?

The camera and transmitter is shock proof, as a matter of fact if I moved the antenna on the TX in some positions I will get the flashing. This happens with the camera off the test vehicle with test vehicle engine off. As for the engine noise, its evident of its occurance when the engine is started. With the engine off the reception is flawless.
However, I just found a company locally which does most cycle race broadcasting and they have loaned me some 2.4 Ghz transmitters to facilitate my experiments. I am now building a voltage/ current regulation circuit for the Li Ion Batteries which will power the TX

Thanks,

Striker.

I am a R/C enthusiast myself, and plan on fitting CCD cams on a R/C aircraft in the new future.So If possible, post your results/solution.

I think the ignition system not generate noises at 2,4GHz. I hope the TX energy enough for good receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back