1st time instrument build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Bass

I've had ideas lately for a drone instrument, but have no robotics experience. I have pitched metal bars and would like to create a drone where each bar is struck by a battery powered hammer. Preferably I would like each hammer to strike at different time intervals although I don't want to bring any computers into this. Here's my mental diagram at the moment.

|------|------|------|------|------| <pitched bars

|------|------|------|------|------| <hammers/motors

|------|------|------|------|------| < batteries?

I'm not sure maybe I could run off of one battery and just give each hammer an on/off switch? Anything I can do to make this more simple? I'd probably mount this on a small piece of plywood, I want it to be easily moveable. Also I do not have soldering equipment, but if I'm really going to need it, I'll spend the money.

So... I'm looking for cheap, simple, easy. First time experimenting with any robotics really, I have a bit of soldering experience, and the musical side of things I'm set with.

Edit: also, I don't want a rapid strike, nothing faster than maybe a half second?

Last edited:
How is the device to operate? Manually by pushing buttons? Otherwise computers will be involved! I need more info to comment further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…