Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1st time instrument build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Bass

I've had ideas lately for a drone instrument, but have no robotics experience. I have pitched metal bars and would like to create a drone where each bar is struck by a battery powered hammer. Preferably I would like each hammer to strike at different time intervals although I don't want to bring any computers into this. Here's my mental diagram at the moment.

|------|------|------|------|------| <pitched bars

|------|------|------|------|------| <hammers/motors

|------|------|------|------|------| < batteries?

I'm not sure maybe I could run off of one battery and just give each hammer an on/off switch? Anything I can do to make this more simple? I'd probably mount this on a small piece of plywood, I want it to be easily moveable. Also I do not have soldering equipment, but if I'm really going to need it, I'll spend the money.

So... I'm looking for cheap, simple, easy. First time experimenting with any robotics really, I have a bit of soldering experience, and the musical side of things I'm set with.

Edit: also, I don't want a rapid strike, nothing faster than maybe a half second?

Last edited:
How is the device to operate? Manually by pushing buttons? Otherwise computers will be involved! I need more info to comment further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back