Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1bit Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

habib

Hi,
i was just wondering if anyone new of any sites, or schematics which included details on how to build a simple 1bit Cpu?
Thanks

a 1bit CPU ?!

That will be a very small instruction set. I think it is impossible!

Do you know how a regular CPU is built ?

hmm I thought the calculators used Large Scale ASIC, which is ateast a derivative of a 4 bit cpu? 1-bit calc?

I DESIGNED A 1 BIT CPU SOME TIME AGO

Hi Guys i'm new here .
I did a design several years ago . it was a wire comunication system a (power modem) .So i implemented two instructions one was transmit
and the other was receive . the instructions were decoded after being received and a suite of actions was triggered . controled sequentially by a state machine .the whole design held in a 85c225 an old INTEL epld .no longuer in the market . Today it will be carzy to do that . in those days a cpu microcontroller was eprom + bus demultiplexer + CPU . So my EPLD
deal was a great aproach .To qualify as a CPU .It has to have BUS .. in may case two lines
A DECODE UNIT .. it can decode two instruccions in one cycle
or more in multiples cycles
The EXECUTION UNIT is basically a STATE MACHINE .. (the MICROCODE )
and the suite of actions to take , control an LED or else ..

My design worked but it was prone to NOISE ..
i used a PLL NE565 to convey the information over the POWER LINE and to RESTORE a CLOCK ..

As Lada noted, the Motorola MC14500B was a 1-bit processor intended for control applications. It went obsolete years ago. I may still have a datasheet for it somewhere, though no parts. Motorola made a few special purpose CMOS parts like this that weren't available elsewhere, like the MC14490 hex contact bounce eliminator.

for more info -

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back