1bit Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

habib

Hi,
i was just wondering if anyone new of any sites, or schematics which included details on how to build a simple 1bit Cpu?
Thanks

a 1bit CPU ?!

That will be a very small instruction set. I think it is impossible!

Do you know how a regular CPU is built ?

hmm I thought the calculators used Large Scale ASIC, which is ateast a derivative of a 4 bit cpu? 1-bit calc?

I DESIGNED A 1 BIT CPU SOME TIME AGO

Hi Guys i'm new here .
I did a design several years ago . it was a wire comunication system a (power modem) .So i implemented two instructions one was transmit
and the other was receive . the instructions were decoded after being received and a suite of actions was triggered . controled sequentially by a state machine .the whole design held in a 85c225 an old INTEL epld .no longuer in the market . Today it will be carzy to do that . in those days a cpu microcontroller was eprom + bus demultiplexer + CPU . So my EPLD
deal was a great aproach .To qualify as a CPU .It has to have BUS .. in may case two lines
A DECODE UNIT .. it can decode two instruccions in one cycle
or more in multiples cycles
The EXECUTION UNIT is basically a STATE MACHINE .. (the MICROCODE )
and the suite of actions to take , control an LED or else ..

My design worked but it was prone to NOISE ..
i used a PLL NE565 to convey the information over the POWER LINE and to RESTORE a CLOCK ..

As Lada noted, the Motorola MC14500B was a 1-bit processor intended for control applications. It went obsolete years ago. I may still have a datasheet for it somewhere, though no parts. Motorola made a few special purpose CMOS parts like this that weren't available elsewhere, like the MC14490 hex contact bounce eliminator.

for more info -

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…