Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18lf2420 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

I hacked for about 20 minutes until I got the right combo
using an 18lf2420 and kept getting erro message in pickit2
I discovered that to program the 18lf2420 I had to use the 18f24K20 on the pickit2
after I got the correct combo it works perfectly. Now to get my code to work as planned.
And yes the package I just opened says it is an 18lf2420 pic.
As I understand it the 18LFxxxx series will operate at a lower voltage than the 18Fxxxx.

The PIC18LF2420 should program as a 18F2420.

If the PICkit recognized it as an 18F24k20, you better check again with a magnifying glass, become you don't have what you think you do.

I rechecked the package I just opened. The pic has no markings. I do have some leftover 18f24k20 (2) that are still in their tube.
Received my shipment from Mouser with 10-18lf2221 chips and will assemble and see what conjures up.
The pickit2 says the chip won't auto detect. Ran into this before. Hopefully all will work out.
going to hack at my code and maybe the chip in question was having a bad day lol

these are SMD, no markings
After I returned from church I looked at my order # etc. and realized I grabbed an 18f24K20 by mistake. I put them in the wrong envelope, my bad.
Will use them come Christmas for the ornament project, that way I won't have to reduce the battery input voltage on my PCB.
need to tape the envelope up.
My plan for the one built board w/ a K series pic is to insert a zenier diode or other to cut the V+ down to usable level.
Then start building other game hubs using the 18LF2221 pics I just received. My code is very small, less than 500 bytes

no markings. looked using a magnifying glass.
Simple mistake.
maybe its in black ink :D.

Read the errata on any K20 parts, or K parts for that matter...........they wrote the data sheet before making the chip (IMHO), then did the errata when they actually discovered what it could/couldnt do. I have wasted HOURS with K parts, I love the parts but errata every time because the data sheets are full of sheet. Unless they have been rewritten? Long time since I read the K series sheets.

I opened a new tube of 18LF2221 and they have writing but very dim. Have seen parts that the ink has faded over time.
the 18lf2221 works as it should.
Am rewriting my game code for the new boards. Was having issues with changing the delayms but no change. Then realized that the code I was changing was in the ONE DRIVE folder and not the folder I was making changes to. I still have to get used to the ONE DRIVE setup but it saves having to manually copy files from the desktop to the laptop.
I wonder if the folder colors can be altered??

I opened a new tube of 18LF2221 and they have writing but very dim. Have seen parts that the ink has faded over time.
the 18lf2221 works as it should.
Am rewriting my game code for the new boards. Was having issues with changing the delayms but no change. Then realized that the code I was changing was in the ONE DRIVE folder and not the folder I was making changes to. I still have to get used to the ONE DRIVE setup but it saves having to manually copy files from the desktop to the laptop.
I wonder if the folder colors can be altered??
yes, google folderico its free and you can change the folder colour AND icon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back