Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino IDE 1.8.? serial LCD issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
This LCM1602 IIC V1 Serial 2 X 16 LCD Display for Arduino Used to work great. With Arduino IDE 1.8 something from Microsoft store, on a new Win 10 computer, this "Hello, world!" sketch would only print “H”.

//DFRobot.com
//Compatible with the Arduino IDE 1.0
//Library version:1.1
#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x27,16,2); // address 0x27 on this one
void setup()
{
lcd.init(); // initialize the lcd
// Print a message to the LCD.
lcd.backlight();
lcd.print("Hello, world!");
}
void loop()
{
}

But it would do lcd.write(Serial.read());
I went back to Arduino IDE 1.6.5 and it works fine.
I don’t need a solution. This is just a bug report.

I don’t need a solution. This is just a bug report.

I read that.

I suspect that the issue is a library one and that you are using an older library that does not adhere to some more recent "standards" that the IDE wants. If you had a verbose log, that might give a clue.

Beyond that (and in case others come across the thread), If it is this library (many have had similar names), it is at 1.1.2 in the Arduino IDE library manager with a notation in the description "THIS LIBRARY MIGHT NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING SKETCHES".

Why would you get Arduino IDE from Microsoft store?.
I got it from Microsoft store thinking there would be less Ad-ware, hitch hikers, parasites. I was surprised that it said “Microsoft store” on the banner at the top after Arduino 1.8.?

I got a new Laptop and installed from the store it didn't like some of the stuff my esp was using looked over at arduino forum and there lot's post about it not working right.

Last edited:
I got it from Microsoft store thinking there would be less Ad-ware, hitch hikers, parasites. I was surprised that it said “Microsoft store” on the banner at the top after Arduino 1.8.?

Makes more sense to get it directly from the Arduino site, I can't say I was even aware you could get it from Microsoft, I've never even looked at the Microsoft store.

There is some app's I played a bit with the remote app's
Untitled3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back