Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F88 PWM and A/D conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must have read my mind :lol:
this is just what i was thinking .. how could i use the A/D converters
to give me a varible PWM ...
thanks again.. this is great.. :D

You're very welcome Willi... I'm glad we could stumble our way through it together...

Best wishes to everyone in the "Garden State"... Regards, Mike

as the title of pic shows i am back to the F88
this is from the Midrange micro manual ..
i havnt tried this yet , but i am assumming that it will not run as stated..??
has anyone tried to do A/D conversion on the f88 ??

Attachments

• a_to_d__on_the__f88.jpg
    a_to_d__on_the__f88.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 854
williB said:
as the title of pic shows i am back to the F88
this is from the Midrange micro manual ..
i havnt tried this yet , but i am assumming that it will not run as stated..??
has anyone tried to do A/D conversion on the f88 ??

The F88 is no different to the other 14 bit PIC's, my analogue tutorial explains the use of the A2D in simpler terms than the datasheet (which is a little confusing).

Yea i did ADC on an F88 but i did it in mikroBasic where i only need 3 lines of code to make it work.First to set it analong then the initalize ADC comand and the last one to read it.Its an 10 bit output so its a bit of problems.

I outputed it on PORTB as an bar graph (whith LEDs conected to PORTB)

I also tryed the software dividing libary (16Fs cant divide whith hardware) but its prety slow but fast enugh to work as an bar graph on 32Khz

Someone Electro said:
Its an 10 bit output so its a bit of problems.

This is an example of where working in BASIC leads you to make silly mistakes!, by setting a single bit in a register you can use it as 8 bit just as easily as you can 10 bit.

that previous program , the pwm one , wouldnt load into the F88 , is there anything different , between the F88 and the F628..?

i mean i couldent get the program into the F88,
i erased the program in the F628 and reloaded it , just to check and it works fine..
but the program wouldnt load into the F88

by support the F88 , what do you mean?
what could possibly be different about the F88..
it is a 14 bit core PIC. no?
when i was programming it , the program words started out all zeros .
then i bulk erased it.. and they changed to all ones ..
then it would not load the program .. still all ones..
btw , i am using my programmer .

williB said:
by support the F88 , what do you mean?
what could possibly be different about the F88..
it is a 14 bit core PIC. no?
when i was programming it , the program words started out all zeros .
then i bulk erased it.. and they changed to all ones ..
then it would not load the program .. still all ones..
btw , i am using my programmer .

Different PIC's use a number of different programming algorithms, you need to specifically support any PIC's you want to program - there are generally some similarities, but many need changes in order to work. In this case the technologies are even different!, the F88 is FLASH, and the 628 is EEPROM.

Hey Willi,

The 16F88 uses slightly different Chip Erase and Write algorithms... In my home-brew programmer the 'F88 routines are similar to the 16F818/819 and the 16F873A-877A devices... Take a closer look at the DS39607 Programming Specification document...

Regards, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back