Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F84 PIC stupid questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello

ohh finally yesterday i built "NOPPP, the "No-Parts" PIC Programmer"
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/noppp/
and it works just fine.
although this NOPPP programmer works with a DOS software but it works with WinPic(last version)just fine too...

ok i downloaded a version of MPLAB but it seems i can work only with its MPASM.i dont know why there is no other softwares over there?
MPASM dont accept more than 62 character too! i dont know what is the problem?

is there any easy circuit with 16F84 to be built?
i want start and build an easy circuit based on 16F84...

thanks for all helps and Advice.

i think you are referring to the placement of MPasm on your system..
it is best to put it as close to the root directory of C:\ as possible..

Hiya Epilot,
Eh mate I suggest you go out and buy the book Easy-pic'n by David Benson. Although the book is a little out dated it is based on the 16f84 and walks you through from the beginning. There is a few books in the series and at any given time I've got one by my bedside and they do an excellent job on working with pic's. If you haven't seen them before check em out they could be just what you need.

Cheers Bryan :D

epilot said:
hello

ohh finally yesterday i built "NOPPP, the "No-Parts" PIC Programmer"
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/noppp/
and it works just fine.
although this NOPPP programmer works with a DOS software but it works with WinPic(last version)just fine too...

I'm pleased you've managed to get one working :D

ok i downloaded a version of MPLAB but it seems i can work only with its MPASM.i dont know why there is no other softwares over there?

The problem is really Windows/DOS, MPSAM is a 16 bit program, and it's file capabilities are limted by the Windows limitations. 32 bit Windows effectively 'bodges' the file system to give the appearance of long filenames.

Don't hide your files in deep directories, or use stupidly long filenames, it's bad practice anyway!.

is there any easy circuit with 16F84 to be built?
i want start and build an easy circuit based on 16F84...

DON'T use the 16F84, it's been effectively obselete for many years, it was replaced last century by the 16F628 - use that instead, it's cheaper, and has more facilities.

If you check my tutorials, they have veroboard layouts based on this chip.

hello and thanks

yes i know that it is an old version but it is what i have on my hands
i will get some of 16F628 PICs latter

today i built an 4X4 signboard with 16F84 and it works fine

i would like to learn assembly langauge to could program my PICs by myself

thanks again for all helps especially from you Nigel

kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back