Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 x 16 RGY display

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman0_o

Here's something a friend of mine and I made in our spare time.

It uses a pic (doesn't really matter which one) to drive two 4017's (multiplexers) and four 595's (colour drivers). This is just an example of what it displays.

It was impossible to put all 4 next to each other on the breadboard.

Here's the pictures!

Attachments

• DSC00870.JPG
    DSC00870.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 238
  • DSC00874.JPG
    DSC00874.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 210
  • DSC00872.JPG
    DSC00872.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 196
Time to wire that badboy up on a perfboard =) Too bad it's not RGB.

Light is an additive pallet not a subtractive one, R+G==Y

CYMK is Cyan Yellow, Magenta, Black. These are from an ADDITIVE pallet.
Black is used in colour printers because the best black pigments are WAY better than the best CYM pigments together.

Paint and light are not the same.

Last edited:
Yes he must have been birdman, He couldn't have been talking about light.
R and G make Yellow with light that makes them a nice and tidy group =)

Cyan and Magenta are pigments in an additive pallete, IE paints or absorptive pigments.

correction

i'm a copier technician and if i remember correctly, the YMCK is a SUBTRACTIVE color model(for toners, etc.) whereas RGB is an ADDITIVE color model(lights, etc.) and the RYB is another set of subtractive primaries(primarily for painting). i may be wrong with the RYB model, but i'm pretty sure about the YMCK and RGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back