Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

150Watt FM Linear

Status
Not open for further replies.

leosedf

Hello! here's a 150W Linear for the FM Band. This Linear Amplifier is used by ELENOS. ELENOS Uses multiple of them with splitters and combiners to create power amplifiers with higher output (500-1500W). The power supply is 28V 8Amps. I don't have the PCB layout for now, i hope i'll find it soon.
Thank's

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hi:

I fail to see how this circuit can properly work. I am assuming that there is a connection between R5, and C4, C5, and L2; also, I am assuming a connection between R1, R2, R6 and R3 and the gate of Q1.

My issues are:

1. R5 seems to be a very high value to supply any kind of power to the drain of the FET.

2. The values of R1, R2, R6, and R3 would probably turn the MOSFET into a hard ON state. Typically, they should supply just enough bias to overcome the Vth of the MOSFET.

3. I am assuming that you are using the term "Linear" as some RF people use to mean a power amp. The circuit should be operating in class C (or, at most, in class B), which is quite OK for FM.

Thanks,

Jem

jem said:
1. R5 seems to be a very high value to supply any kind of power to the drain of the FET.

2. The values of R1, R2, R6, and R3 would probably turn the MOSFET into a hard ON state. Typically, they should supply just enough bias to overcome the Vth of the MOSFET.

I think your concerns are because he's drawn the circuit incorrectly, the power input should be at the top of the 15K resistor R5, not at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back