Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

137 - 138 Mhz FM receiver help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravidzzz

Hi,
i'm new to the elecrtonics. I need help to build a 137-138MHz FM receiver for Satellite reception.How can i build one? Which kind of antenna should i use? Please help me....

The cheapest and easiest way is probably to modify an existing FM radio.

The cheapest and easiest way is probably to modify an existing FM radio.

Sorry, but normal FM is wideband, he needs narrowband - which means a LOT of changes (a complete rebuild?) of an FM radio.

A 145MHz amateur band receiver design requires little change, and many are even available ready done for 138MHz.

From what I remember from my Navy days, as I was a Weather Equip tech, that freq Range is an old NOAA analog Wefax/APT weather satellite. I think this equip is slated to be phased out real soon.

The Receive antenna we had for this band were very large rx dish. About 3 feet sqr. And the dish had to track the satellite as it was not geosynchronous. Then again it has been about 25 years since then so my memory is a bit foggy. Or maybe it was the beer:)

Lol, I just found a link for the old gear I worked on. The SMQ-10 Navy GOES sat recv unit. The link is in a Navy.history link. Man I am getting old.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back