Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

13 years of stupidity confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Ive been stupid.
Ive held onto hope.
Ive thought things will change in South Africa for the better. Ive been wrong.

Ive seen it all. Right here. Right here in the thick of things in the voter base in South Africa.
Everything they do....and the people they support doesn't make sense.....

Here, criminals are respected. Yip.

No prosecutions. Nope.

Its like.......I dunno anymore.
Everything I do or say wont be judged without race coming into it.
Cause...

Its like mass stupidity is winning......stupids stirring up stupids for a vote

Lemme see

Maybe its just maybe these fools voting for fools to lead them.

All I know is that James Watson said it all. Honored, stripped of titles. He wasn't Politically correct enough.

From Wikipedia: "In January 2019, following the broadcast of a television documentary in which Watson repeated his views about race and genetics, CSHL revoked honorary titles that it had awarded to him and severed all ties with him"
If you are useless you don't like the truth. Nope. The world hates you. Cause you consume and breed and provide zero
solutions. Consume, consume, consume.

Like locusts.

Yep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Watson

Last edited:
When I first moved to Australia, I thought it was wonderful. Now I've been here 15 years, not so much. It doesn't matter where you live, you will eventually get disillusioned with your "leaders". Just do what you can and survive.

Mike.

ALL politicians look after themselves first, then their friends. If they have time left over, then they think about what kind of "legacy" they can leave for their country, at the expense of the country.
I've never seen a politician that looks after the well being of everyone in the country first....

ALL politicians look after themselves first, then their friends. If they have time left over, then they think about what kind of "legacy" they can leave for their country, at the expense of the country.
I've never seen a politician that looks after the well being of everyone in the country first....

Control freaks can be problematic. All of our leaders are control freaks. Intelligence doesn't matter any longer. They go for short term fixes which cause long term problems which are mitigated by short term solutions again.
Every problem you deal with today is the direct result, of a solution, to a previous problem.
There are two main kinds of control freaks; Politicians and Clergy; one wants to controls what you can and cannot do and the other wants to control what you think.

And than I found this:
"black man never built in stone, never two stories high"
1549482531908.png

The ruin of the temple at Yeha, Ethiopia 700bc
I think I have seen several other examples. But not common.

Anyway its SONA tonight.

(State Of Nation Address)

Everyone dressed to kill.

Last edited:
He might be a Communist.......but Gordan loves South Africa.
Hes the guy that drives a Toyota
Instead of a latest Merc or BMW

He is genuine. God speed Pravin.

Fight for us.
Youv'e my respect and support even though I dont necessarily agree with your beliefs.
The ANC attacked you daughter.....accusing her of bribes.
Anything to make you fall.
Noone that thinks or can reason likes or accepts that.
A Professional woman with impeccable references. They ANC tried to **** with your family. Hit them Tiger. Hard. Do what you have to do to get rid of the scum at ESKOM trying to hold SA to ransom.

Do what you have to do to fix ESKOM. Let noone get in your way.

tvtech

Last edited:
From receiving this International award in 2001:

Power company of the year: 2001
In 2001, Eskom was named the Financial Times Power Company of the Year at the Global Energy Awards Ceremony in New York.
It was described as "providing the world’s lowest-cost electricity, while at the same time making superior technological innovations, increasing transmission system reliability, and developing economic, efficient and safe methods for combustion of low-grade coal."
In 2005 Reuel Khoza, chairperson of the Eskom board, said one of the many factors that made the company successful was its commitment to good corporate governance – it wasn't shackled by "a regime of crippling debt or unsustainable subsidies from government".

to this:

Cripping debt: 2019
Today its debt levels of R430bn represent about 15% of the state’s total debt, debt from municipalities are growing by R1bn per month, and its wage bill has exploded from R9.5bn annually in 2007 to R29.5bn in 2018.
There has been a "significant loss of critical skills", with "poor quality of maintenance" and "poor workmanship" causing breakdowns, of which 40% is due to human error, according to Gordhan.
The company is suffering from "systemic corruption, malfeasance, fraud and state capture" that has "compromised the credibility of the organisation and eroded investor confidence", Gordhan added.
Eskom has a total installed electricity capacity of more than 45 000 MW.
On Tuesday, it could only generate capacity of 27 000 MW against a demand of 30 000 MW.

Original source here:
https://www.fin24.com/Economy/1922-2019-the-rise-and-fall-of-eskom-20190213

Sad
No wonder I get so mad.

I know CRT. So I stick with that..........
I do my Technical job PROPERLY....

Now think:

Thousands of unqualified people running huge power plants.
Breaking everything they touch cause they know NOTHING.

Last edited:
Sad
No wonder I get so mad.

TV, you do a wonderful job telling us the problems which beset the Republic of South Africa.
You tell us how bad things are and how you have an uphill struggle with incompetence.
Have you ever considered "escaping" to some other country, or is that not a feasible option?

I know CRT. So I stick with that..........
I am not sure how it is in the RSA, but here in the UK it is hard to find a CRT based television, practically impossible to buy a new one. Surely Japan/Taiwan/China are not making new CRT based TVs just for export to RSA?
If all you know are CRT based TVs, you are slowly doing yourself out of a job.
Maybe time to learn some new skills?

JimB

Hi Jim

We've a lot of Chinese sets still being dumped here.
CRT.

These folks here buy nice new Flat Screens.
If it breaks.....no money to fix them.

So......they haul the old CRT out.
Full of spiderwebs etc.
And I fix them.

I see it all the time.
CRT is not expensive to repair.
If you know what you're doing.

Its a crazy world here Jim.
Really crazy.

I'm probably the last proper living CRT TV tech in South Africa.

I'm proud that I know my stuff.
(I would really be dumb if I didnt know stuff by now)

Here is a trip down Memory Lane:

We had a Mod for the GTO's

GTO or Gate Turn Off thyristors became a problem for Sony 191 chassis here.
So we made a plan.

Lots of modifications.

We used ORIGINAL Phillips BUW11A....to get the pulses perfect on a scope.

19V external DC supply needed for this.

Sony 191 and 192 rocked.

Oh the memories.

Awwww

TV, you do a wonderful job telling us the problems which beset the Republic of South Africa.
You tell us how bad things are and how you have an uphill struggle with incompetence.
Have you ever considered "escaping" to some other country, or is that not a feasible option?
IIRC, TV isn't an SA native and always has the option of repatriation.
The natives of SA, however, have no other choice...

No Mickster......born and bred here.

Ive nowhere else to go.
No Passports or anything else.

Hence my never ending commentary.

Its really tough watching all go to ****
And there is nothing I can do about it.

Doesn't matter.

Luckily I don't have kids. (Noone that I know of anyway)

Laters,
tv

Ah, my apologies.
Sure I saw somewhere where you said you moved there some years ago, but maybe you moved provinces/states/whatever you call it, and I mistook it that you emigrated there.
It's also possible that I have completely confused you with someone else.

Not a complaint but just an observation. I know TV is just venting.
If USA political talk isn't acceptable here, why is political talk of any country allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back