Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v Volt to 6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fariskhan

Hello Respected members!

I have a Small Bike which works on 6 v 4.5ah sealed lead battery by default.
as Now i am Fixing 12 v Led to modify , i choose a 12 v 2.5amp sealed acid battery which is used in bigger motorcycles .
so is it possible to convert 12v to 6v to power the bike motor ?
please let me know

It's possible I guess but not a good solution. The motor uses more power than the LED so it's easier, more efficient, and cheaper to have the motor run straight off a 6V battery and convert the 6V to 12V for the LED.

The LED is unimportant compared to the motor so the motor should get priority when choosing the battery. Match the battery to the motor, not the LED.

Last edited:
Don't build it or you'll just get caught up in trying to make it work. Buy it. A converter the converts from lower to higher is called a boost converter. Look for that.

Agree with the above. How many LEDs do you need to power and what current do they need? Something like **broken link removed** may do what you need.

Mike.

I must be missing something here. Why not just change the resistors on the LED(s)? So they will work on/with the 6V available.

I must be missing something here. Why not just change the resistors on the LED(s)? So they will work on/with the 6V available.
I have this feeling that the LEDs are for a headlight for this electric bike, so they are large current devices rather than simple status indicators.

JimB

I think this is a childs toy bike from the fact that it is powered by a 6 V 4.5 AH battery. If that is the case the head light will not need to be very bright. The OP does not even say what the purpose of the LED is (Head light tail light ,turn indicator.) I think this is another case of people expecting a solution to their problem without properly defining the problem.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back