Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V variable amp output project

Status
Not open for further replies.

phad3r

Hi, i'm a newbie with electronics so please excuse me if you think i'm asking about a rather "easy" project for you guys.

I want to make a control box for my cpu casing fans so i can give them extra juice (and get extra noise) for when i'm using the pc for extended hours. I could have just ordered some of the products available in overclocker websites, but they are expensive, besides i live in south east asia.

Can anyone please give me schematic diagram, and exact parts needed for this project. I want to get power from the pc's molex connector, and have a limited output of 12V 300mA to 12V 1.5A.

Thanks alot for the help.

Johnson777717 said:
Hey Phad.

What is the voltage and amperage from your computer's molex connector?

I have a standard cpu casing, with 300W psu made in taiwan/china. It has a 12V/5V molex connector.
I also have a 220AC to 13.8V 2A DC power supply that i sometimes use. A problem with this PS is it's got a lot of juice that when i turn it on, i feel like i'm beside a jet engine. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back