Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V Negative ion Generator for computer PSU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilem

Hi, I'm looking for schematic how to make negative ion generator (like in a hairdryer) for computer PSU, or any 80mm 120mm FAN.

The goal is to reduce dust amount that sticks by using negative ions.

The Power supply is 12V.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: im just making a suggestion. i have no clue as to if this would work.

ok now that i said that, what if you just took out the heating element from a ion equipped hairdrier and ran the motor off of 12 VDC?

Look up "electrostatic filters" that are commonly used to remove particles from air and industrial exhausts.

Can't be that hard to do, I know the back of TV sets (HV picture tubes) are very effective for collecting airborne dust.

filter?

I cut up a furnace filter I found in the dump. the sprayed Ti02 [titanium dioxde]coating on filter and installed on a 12vdc Autozone60mg/hr ozone generator inline with computor fan, my computor is now a chick magnet due to the sweet air around my station.

Well I don't have a furnace to spare and a bad hair dryer, I just wonder how ionizer in hair dryer makes dust un-stick from surfaces that you blow at, versus notmal ionizer makes dust stick to itself.

The circuit should be very simple too, no sparks inkvolved like normal ionizer.

I cut up a furnace filter I found in the dump. the sprayed Ti02 [titanium dioxde]coating on filter and installed on a 12vdc Autozone60mg/hr ozone generator inline with computor fan, my computor is now a chick magnet due to the sweet air around my station.
I didn't know that chicks are attracted to ions. I am a chick magnet. Maybe I radiate many ions.:D

I think the OP is confusing negative ion generators with electrostatic dust collectors. One is meant to put things into the air (-ions) the other is meant to take things out of the air (dust). Never heard of either in a hair dryer. ????

Ken

Chicks are gullable. (That is why they are easily seduced by me).
When a hair drier manufacturer says that their hair drier produces ions then most of the chicks will buy it even if it doesn't produce any ions.

Chicks are gullable. (That is why they are easily seduced by me).
When a hair drier manufacturer says that their hair drier produces ions then most of the chicks will buy it even if it doesn't produce any ions.

I have this hairdryer BCI1800ION Braun Creation 2 Ion Care - CI 1800 DF hairdryers ICEcat.biz

"The hairdryer produces a flow of negative ions that are attracted by the positive ions of the hair, and in doing so, neutralizes them, leaving hair more manageable and better aligned. As a result, the hair is smoother, shiner and healthier looking."

So I notices if I blow with a hairdryer at an object that loves to stick dust to itself like things that are electrostatic it neutralizes them.

I'd love to find a schematic how it works, there can be seen small wire that air blows through but no sparks when it works like you can see on air ionizers. So it must be low voltage circuit then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back