Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volts to 7.5 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUM-3, R6P, "AA" Size or Equiv. Batteries
Look at the batteries. How long do you think an "AA" cell is going to last at a current-drain of 230mA???????
It says 6 hours with ordinary "dry cells" and since thay have a capacity of about 600mAhr at this current drain, the average current will be about 100mA.

Last edited:
Look at the batteries. How long do you think an "AA" cell is going to last at a current-drain of 230mA???????
It says 6 hours with ordinary "dry cells" and since that have a capacity of about 600mAhr at this current drain, the average current will be about 100mA.
It says with manganese (super heavy duty) batteries with a low volume setting. Does anybody still use super heavy garbage batteries anymore?
Alkaline cells will last a lot longer even at a high volume setting.
Rechargeable Ni-MH AA cells will last longer than alkaline cells ands can be recharged over and over.

Since the variables are STILL unknown (ie you don't know how much current it draws and you don't know what it's max safe voltage is) and we don't seem to be getting any closer to knowing, why not just get a 7808 (+8v) 3pin regulator. That will definitely fix it without any messing about and without needing exact specs.

And if you REALLY prefer 7.5v you can just put a diode on the output to drop 0.6v. :)

Since the variables are STILL unknown (ie you don't know how much current it draws and you don't know what it's max safe voltage is) and we don't seem to be getting any closer to knowing, why not just get a 7808 (+8v) 3pin regulator. That will definitely fix it without any messing about and without needing exact specs.

And if you REALLY prefer 7.5v you can just put a diode on the output to drop 0.6v. :)

How would I put that on.

I am very confused and I'm not that great with electronics just learning. I was hoping for something I can just add between the lines to decrease the voltage.

Maybe i might just easier to just but a 7.5 volt plug for about 20 bucks, but even 20 bucks seams alot when your not working.
Oh well:(

I can't read that data sheet because I don't wanna subscribe.
The manufacturers have free datasheets online.
I get free datasheets from www.datasheetarchive.com then I can select from many manufacturers of a device.

EDIT: I mis-spelled the address of datasheetarchive dot com. It is corrected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back