Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10x7 LED SignBoard (MERRY X MAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should find the Data Sheet when looking up the part number on the DigiKey web site or perhaps the Micrel web site. The Micrel MIC5821 and MIC5841 are almost identical to the Allegro A6821 and A6841 devices.

I'm not aware of higher density serial-to-parallel high-current sinking drivers. If you find some, please let me know? Thanks.

Happy 2007... Mike

BTW, those hardware schemes grew out of designs for high performance reduced I/O designs for multiple 7-segment displays.

Have fun. Mike

Attachments

• Matrix Display (9 pin 7-seg).PNG
    Matrix Display (9 pin 7-seg).PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 682
Gayan Soyza said:
I built a 10x7 led signboard using PIC16f84a.just to get some experience in making moving signs.It consist of count down,scaning from left & right,hold on display,elevator method,adding letters......etc.

ee sorry, where is the source codes? where can i find them? (basic, C, asm or hex)

JFDuval said:
Hello!

I'll ask the same question that Chief11 : what was the software used for your schematics?

Thanks,
The drawings were done using the built-in drawing tools in Microsoft Excel 2000. Here's another example;

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I mean, with a regular PCB suit, you can export your schematic directly to your board, follow the wires and route.

With Excel, I don't think it is as simple?

Ok, it's what I was understanding. From my point of view, this solution is too time consuming and can leads to errors (their is no direct link between schematic and PCB), but, you probably have reasons to do so!

More positively: your schematics look better than any one made from a commercial package!

Thank you for the compliment. I suspect it is more work but I was hoping to make the drawings seem more visually interesting and intuitive.

Regards, Mike

You should use something like Eagle for the crude start out trace, learning to use it is smarter than learning to place manually yourself. After it's placed it's traces you can tweak them to your hearts content. Doing the whole thing from start to finish on your own is really a waste of time, no matter how good you get at it.

Mike said:
The drawings were done using the built-in drawing tools in Microsoft Excel 2000.

Ya MS Office Packages does a great job also MS Paint.We wont consider much of these built in tools we mostly Prefer to advanced schematic design softwares. In my case I Preffer MS Excel for Schematics.It's So fun & very Creative.In the begining it takes some time to draw & after having experience can work quickly.

Thankx Mike for ur coloured Schematics.It's very useful.

Someone uploaded that EPE "Giant LED Message Display" article on EDAboard in this thread; **broken link removed**

The Author actually did a very nice job coming up with a cohesive comprehensive 'system' for driving 5x7 matrix display modules. The design doesn't include row drivers and can't drive the displays to full brightness and doesn't include PWM brightness/fade control but is nonetheless a reasonably well thought out design.

Help me to design LED Matrix 12x12 using 8255 and 8085

Help me out anyone,pls...
Tell me how the LED function...
and help me with a microprocessor program...
Thanks

Yet another thread brought back from a restful grave by a first time poster with an unanswerable question.

Gayan Soyza said:
I built a 10x7 led signboard using PIC16f84a.just to get some experience in making moving signs.It consist of count down,scaning from left & right,hold on display,elevator method,adding letters......etc.

Unfortunately I coudn't find any led matrix so I used normal 5mm led's.no mo memory space in the pic to add more patterns only 2 lines left in program memory.

see the attachment for a small video.

Nicely done Gayan!

can anyone help me for the same project...(Scrolling LED message Display) using AT89c51????
im in real problem...
can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back