Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100 hz tone on a PIC in C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike,

I'm using the highest 8 bits of the 24 bit phase accumulator (bits b23..b16) as the 8 bit index into the sine array. Is that instruction incorrect?

Mike

You have defined accum as 32 bit as BoostC doesn't have a 24 bit variety.

Mike.

I couldn't find a way to declare 24 bit variables in BoostC so I went ahead and used the 32 bit long type.

The ccpr1l = sinetbl[accum>>16] instruction does produce assembler code that uses the third byte of the accumulator variable (b23..b16) as the sine table index so I thought it was ok.

Last edited:
Here's the high performance version (24-bit Phase Accumulator) which requires an 8.388608-MHz crystal.

Thanks Mike. That was fast.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for PWM for Microchip pics. I have read some of their documents but I need something that explains it in simple. terms. I can understand bits of what Mike has written here, but I could never put this together on my own. I have been scouring the Web for something but I have not found an easy to follow tutorial for PWM and Timers.

Thanks

... I assume that a 20MHz crystal could be used instead, it's just that the phase calculation would be more complex.

Yes, you can use a 20-MHz crystal and use new Fdds (DDS frequency) and Fres (Frequency resolution) values in the formulas for determining the phase offset (DDS tuning word).

If you'd just like to generate a nice accurate sine wave, I use ML2035 serial loaded sine wave IC. I use it for generating paging tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back