Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 hour ON/23 hours OFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
In the CD4000 lib of LTS is the CD4040 [ 12stage] you could cascade two of the these to give the 24 stage, just for development.

Here is the proof of concept, simulates the oscillator, and the method of ANDing the five MSBs to create an output that lasts 45min.

Attachments

• 24Hr.png
    24Hr.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 475
How about using a 4541, Cmos Programmable Timer.
I can supply it If Needed.

Here is the proof of concept, simulates the oscillator, and the method of ANDing the five MSBs to create an output that lasts 45min.

hi,
Looks a simple, elegant solution to the problem.:)

I would have also thought that a 45min 'gassing' phase every 24 hr period should equalise the battery cells.

Hi Mike, I happen to have been looking for some kind of data on the MC14451 for a while now, would you be in a position to send me a copy of the datasheet? If not some essentials like the pinouts would be wonderfull . . .

Thanks!

Stefan.

Hi Mike, I happen to have been looking for some kind of data on the MC14451 for a while now, would you be in a position to send me a copy of the datasheet? If not some essentials like the pinouts would be wonderfull . . .

Thanks!

Stefan.

I have a printed copy of an old Motorola Data Book at home, which I can scan. That part is obsolete, so only "Old stock" available.

Re:MC14451

I have a printed copy of an old Motorola Data Book at home, which I can scan. That part is obsolete, so only "Old stock" available.

Hi Mike,

Yes, from the dearth of information about this chip I did come to that conclusion too. I did find some of them on Ebay, which is what started the quest.

I would happy to recompense you for your time, if you would not mind scanning the datasheet for me.

Thank you!

Stefan.

Attached. If you can't read it, let me know and I will rescan it at higher dpi.

Attachments

• MC14451.pdf
    633.7 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back