Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 Hertz Clock Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binary counters are based on powers of 2. So an 8 bit/flipflop counter can divide by 256 (2 to the power of 8) So you'd need at least a 26 bit counter to divide 32Khz down to a 15min on/off rate. The 4521 only has 24bits and the UA2240 has 8bits.

Thank you, I will order the Ics. once I get the ics, how would I hook them up????I t would be nice if you can post a layout.

You won't be able to get exactly 15min on/off with just those ICs. I'm not really familiar with the UA2240, I just skimmed the datasheet, so you may need something else instead. Hold off with ordering parts until a diagram appears.

Ok, I haven't done a diagram for you yet, but have a design in my head that may work assuming you can source the parts from your location. Digikey should have them. You would need:

32768hz crystal
CD4060B
CD4060B
CD40103B
10pf
39pf trimmer cap
15MΩ
330KΩ
Some 0.1uF decoupling caps.
Some sort of power supply, transistor, relay etc

Yes, you need 2 CD4060Bs. ;)
The reason for two CD4060Bs is because of the odd divide ratio required. When you divide by N, and N is not a power of 2, you'll get a unsymmetrical waveform. The first CD4060B has the oscillator and divides it by 4096; the 40103 divides by 225; the 2nd CD4060B divides by 64 giving a symmetrical output.

He is gone

Ormo...are you still around?

He moved to his next project while enjoying the long thread he started. Most likely, he has bought a clock. :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back