Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1:1 Center-taped transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few more PHY transformers:
Belfuse: S558-5999-U7
Halo: TG110-SO55N2
Tyco/Transpower Technologies: Part # HB626-1, HB726, 1605000-1
Pulse Engineering: Part # H1102, H1117, H1012, J1035, J0011D21B
Midcom: 000-7160-30R
Sorry I did not have links, you should be able to google the pn#

Last edited:
Thanks, I especially like the J0011D21B - have tried to get a sample from pulse engineering. They don't seem to have a shopping cart facility and I couldn't find any other suppliers selling it. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Thanks,

Craig

Digi-Key has it.
**broken link removed**

Oh yes so they do. I have to order 125 of them though!

Does anyone want to buy the other 124 off of me? :)

That 125 unit quote is what is required for price break, I am sure you can still make a small order at higher cost. Call them or try their online chat thingy.

Last edited:
Thanks, I especially like the J0011D21B - have tried to get a sample from pulse engineering. They don't seem to have a shopping cart facility and I couldn't find any other suppliers selling it. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Thanks,

Craig
These appear to be like communication transformers used for ISDN modems. In case you come across any salvaged ISDN Modem, probably you could retrieve them.

For that matter, just salvage from an old ethernet card. That x-former is standard on all of em.

You are right Mike, and the component can be physically positioned and hand-wired if pin compatibility is an issue.

If you spell it correctly then you might get what you want at a low price.
A center taped transformer is completely different from a center-tapped transformer.

A center taped transformer is completely different from a center-tapped transformer.
I request for little more clarity on the said spelling. I do understand that a transformer of this type cant be described in words and only thing is proper schematic with data and / or code number, if known.

You must use the correct spelling or give up doing technical things. Do gardining instead.

A center-tapped transformer is with a tap in the center of its winding. A center-taped transformer has a piece of tape in its winding that does nothing.

There is only one i in gardening :rolleyes:

Oh Mike, accidental spelling mistakes do happen. We need not bother that seriously Sir. let us take his intention that youth should have good command over the language, as they have a lot to do in future.

I make spelling mistakes sometimes.
My garden has so many weeds that I call it a "gardin".

I make spelling mistakes sometimes.
My garden has so many weeds that I call it a "gardin".
in fact , in a hurry reading of your post I missed the additional 'p' in the word taped and tapped. this made me seek a clarity-sorry for that AudioGURU

Oh Mike, accidental spelling mistakes do happen. We need not bother that seriously Sir. let us take his intention that youth should have good command over the language, as they have a lot to do in future.

I am typically not persnickety about spelling errors. I just found it irresistible not to point out a spelling error in this case, as it was ironic that in the same sentence where AG is scolding someone for spelling errors, he makes one himself. Get the point?

I am typically not persnickety about spelling errors. I just found it irresistible not to point out a spelling error in this case, as it was ironic that in the same sentence where AG is scolding someone for spelling errors, he makes one himself. Get the point?

yes. I understood your point. perhaps i better send a pm to you.

Funny thing is I copied this directly from the Datasheet to make sure I got it correct. :confused: Check out section 2.4 of previously attached datasheet. No wonder I was having trouble finding one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back