Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1:1 Center-taped transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be glad when a Context-sensitive spell checker comes out for word. Taped and tapped would never be caught by current spell check. You are right though, the data sheet was in error.

I didn't see the spelling error in the datasheet.
I guess Microchip hires people who are challenged with the English language.

:p

I always got my samples from thailand, I think I may have meant a distribution center.

Arizona is very close to Mexico.
Not many people in Mexico speeky zee English!

On the contrary, I live in a US/Mexico border town. A good amount of people from Mexico speak English.

I didn't see the spelling error in the datasheet.
I guess Microchip hires people who are challenged with the English language.

It is very much there and a para consisting of the term under query is quoted below. this extracted frompage 9(above the figure on left side) the datasheet link supplied by the O P.

"On the TPIN+/TPIN- and TPOUT+/TPOUT- pins,
1:1 center-taped pulse transformers rated for Ethernet
operations are required. When the Ethernet module is
enabled, current is continually sunk through both
TPOUT pins. When the PHY is actively transmitting, a
differential voltage is created on the Ethernet cable by
varying the relative current sunk by TPOUT+ compared
to TPOUT-."

Now I feel that the O P need not go for Gardning as suggested. Finally I feel , let us go for the real issue where the O P needed help. Yes, spelling is important, no one denies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back